Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2000 Buick Regal LSE, I have no Lights in the Instrument

Customer Question

2000 Buick Regal LSE
Hey Don, I have no Lights in the Instrument Panel for the Tackometer, Speedometer, or Temp. Guage. The Odometer Lights work. The Driver Information Center Lights Work. The shift console (on the floor) no longer lights up. I have no Backup lights and the dimmthink is going on.er portion of the light switch doesn't work. When I pull on he head light switch the Odometer lights, Information Center lights, Radio Lights and HVAC panel lights go OUT. What do you think?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

can you check and see if the 2 fuses called taillamps/lic lamps a 15 amp fuse and the 7.5 amp fuse called panel dimmer are BOTH not blown located in the passenger door oepning like this picture

the odds are one or both are blown causing this issue

once replaced the lights should work fine

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both of those fuses are O.K., not blown. I had a new 15amp fuse that I used to replace the one that was there just in case and still the problem exists. I didn't have a 7.5amp but the one that was there did not look blown.
Expert:  Gary replied 11 months ago.

can you check the fuse called LP PARK in the under hood fuse box to see that is blown ?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No Thank You
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The Fuse (20amp) called LP Park is NOT blown.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for your time Gary
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). Experts aren't employees / agents of Just Answer. We are independent service providers using the Site to sell their Expert knowledge to Customers. I strive to provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service to you, let me know what's needed from me so your pleased with my assistance and will rate me Good or Excellent.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The previous tech has opted out, would you like me to help?

Hello again Chris here,

1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.

2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.

3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help and or need me to help more. If so please do reply.

4) I have an option to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help.

Thanks Chris