Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

Just tried to open the sunroof on my 2014 uick La Crosse ...

Customer Question

Just tried to open the sunroof on my 2014 B uick La Crosse ... but would not budge. I haven't used it in several months - but it's such a beautiful day.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Pushing the sunroof and/or sunshade button, partially, or completely - nothing works. Won't open - nada
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having is a known concern and GM has released a service bulletin dealing with this. The first thing that is going to need to be done is the computer system is going to need to be scanned to determine what the fault codes and or codes are that should be setting and those addressed from there. I have enclosed the service bulletin in the link below for your review. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view them. At the time of printing the problem was under investigation, I would contact the dealer and see if the cause has been determined .

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Sun%20roof%20Mar%2013.pdf