Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

2001 LaSabre radio will not work when warm, Could it be a

Customer Question

2001 LaSabre radio will not work when warm, Could it be a bad ground internally or something else?
JA: Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The radio worked all Winter. AS soon as it warms up, the radio cuts off. The time display still works, but the radio part does not.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am an experienced electronic technician. If I take the radio out of the car myself to fix it, will it have to have the security code reinstalled at the dealer for it to work?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: No, I just want to know about the radio.
JA: Our top Buick Mechanic is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Buick Mechanic in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Buick Mechanic until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 9 months ago.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
This is typically a bad solder spot on the main circuit board
IF the Display shows Time & the Radio shows no frequency or sound, it can be solder spot or Logic IC
Bench test & Repair or replace is needed
Many times you can find the same Model Number Unit On-Line, E-Bay or Salvage yard for less than Repair.
Since this is Class 2 DATA Type Radio that needs Dealer Scan Tool for set up, you may be better off replacing with another, to save any extra charges if the Radio is not repaired the first time
You should be aware to bench test you will need the proper Class 2 DATA Serial Input device to turn Unit ON, which is not available as a low price item
It takes DATA to Turn Unit ON

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.