Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Code po401, have had egr valve replaced, had fuel injectors

Customer Question

code po401, have had egr valve replaced, had fuel injectors cleaned and still getting this code. not sure what else to do?? please help!!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I have a 2006 buick rendezvous and the check engine soon light keeps coming back on after having egr replaced and fuel injectors cleaned. car seems to be loosing power in 2nd gear.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if it as simple as a gas cap.. yes. if anything more than that no.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: that covers it
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** vehicle act like it has a rpm limiter such as not wanting to go over 3000 rpm? Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
it seems to stall around 2000 rpm
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

This is a common problem caused by a clogged catalytic converter. Completely remove front oxygen sensor from exhaust, if that allows it to run better the converter is clogged and needs to be replaced. This would be around a $300 job at a exhaust shop. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.