Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My engine is turning over but wont start, i have a buick

Customer Question

My engine is turning over but wont start
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: i have a buick enclave 2009
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if possible yes
JA: Is there anything else the Buick Mechanic should be aware of about your Buick?
Customer: the check engine light was on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

did this happen out of the blue one day ?

has anything been done yet to correct this issue ?

was anything done and now you have this issue ?

will it start up for a second then shut off ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It had been running well. I went into the store for some groceries, came out and car wouldn't start.
Engine was turning over but wouldn't start. Almost as though it had run out of gas, although there is just under half a tank remaining.
I assumed fuel pump and was told to tap the fuel tank with a rubber mallet as someone else tries to start it to try and get the pump running again, but it didn't work.
I have also checked the fuse for fuel pump which is fine. Only thing I didn't check was althe fuel pump relay, as I was unable to locate it. I couldn't find reference to it on the fuel panel case or in the manual.As yet nothing has been done to the vehicle and the fault has not been repaired.
I was hoping to diagnose and repair the fault myself depending on what it is.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

can you see if the engine will run on starting fluid or carb cleaner being sprayed into the throttle body butterfly ?

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

how are you making out ?

if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here at Justanswer