Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My name is ed sprik and I have an 01 buick ultra. Parked it

Customer Question

hello
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my name is ***** ***** and I have an 01 buick ultra. Parked it about 1.5 months ago. Problem started with starting twice. had to put the gas peddle to the floor for it to start. When I parked it the engine would shutter between idle and full throttle.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** the check engine light on? Did problem only happen twice or does it always happen? thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I believe the check engine light is burnt out. I had only twice the starting problem. The last time it did not want to start is when the engine would not run smoothly to and from work. 30 miles + one way.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The engine running rough was after the second time it would not start. And it happened on the way to work. The drive home I had to go full acceleration or deceleration for it not to act like it is missing. I drive through mountain terrain on I40 between Cookeville and Crossville TN. So there are a lot of up and down terrain.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Lets start by checking diagnostic codes which you can have done at your local parts store for free. Then write down codes and let me know what they are. Thanks.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I can do that tomorrow as I do have a laptop scanner.
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Ok, I'll talk to you then. Thanks!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Besides I parked it because I did not want to further any possible damage to the engine. :) The engine was running very rough with slight acceleration or deceleration.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 9 months ago.

Without knowing codes I'd say check every cylinder for good spark but checking codes is probably the easiest first step. Keep me updated, thanks.