Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Buick Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Buick Diagnostics
18617752

Wondering if my 2011 Enclave has a cabin filter. I have

Customer Question

Wondering if my 2011 Enclave has a cabin filter. I have lowered the glove box as videos show but see no cover for a filter opening. Is this an option? Mine is a CXL 2, thought it had about all the options.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Buick. The Buick Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just what I said removed glove box but see no cover for a filter, just a black piece of plastic held together with a screw on the top and bottom of the plastic piece.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 9 months ago.

Unfortunately, not ever version of these vehicles were equipped with the Cabin Air Filter. If equipped, it should be behind the glove box. I've wrapped up a small PDF showing location and how to replace. If yours does not look like the PDF, then unfortunately, your's does not have a cabin air filter. There were no alternate locations for the filter. Download the PDF file here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mty05io0xcvuzr1/buick-cabin.pdf?dl=0

If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer so I may be credited. Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for my work. Please rate or accept. You can ask follow-up questions after you rate or accept.