Ted G.
Ted G., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  20 years auto repair experience, ASE Master Tech, Mechanical Failure consultant, Expert Witness
7183013

2002 buick lesabre. Cross over brake line on rear rusted

Customer Question

2002 buick lesabre. Cross over brake line on rear rusted out. Replaced brake line and bled all 4 clipers. When car sitting brake pedal tight but when car is running pedal goes all the way to floor. Fluid is full
JA: Nice car. The Buick Mechanic can help you with your '02 LeSabre. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Also have bled the brakes several times with car running fluid is flowing good through calipersth
JA: Oh No! Brake problems are the worst. The Buick Mechanic will know what to do with your ''02 LeSabre. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes repairing myself have worked on brakes a lot of times even with my old land rover
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have replced the brake line and also put all new calipers, rotors and pads on all wheels
JA: Are you ready to speak with the Buick Mechanic now?
Customer: Yes
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ted G. replied 9 months ago.

Most likely you have air in the ABS unit. Often it will require either a pressure bleeder or actuating the ABS valves while bleeding the brakes. Some cars require both. You will need a high quality scanner to actuate the ABS valves if that is needed.