Joe Prestia
Joe Prestia,
Experience:  Lead Automotive Tech at Belle Tire
92135077

I have a 2000 Buick lesabre I have a miss I change the plugs

Customer Question

I have a 2000 Buick lesabre I have a miss I change the plugs I'm not getting fire on number 3&6 core pack I step the core packs around then I got fire so it's not the core packs so would the crank sensor do that or should I be looking at a different sensor . Thanks
Category: Buick
Expert:  Joe Prestia replied 9 months ago.

You swapped the coil packs and it runs on all cylinders now or still misses and your miss didn't move?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
When I swap the core packs The one I thought was bad was good but I still got the miss from 3 & 6 no matter what core pack I use .
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Miss didn't move

Most likely this is going to be caused by a bad ICM. That's the thin computer that the coils mount to. It could also be caused by a bad crank sensor signal. The only way to rule this out is to test the crank sensor with an oscilloscope. For what it's worth it looks like the ICM is at fault roughly 80 percent of the time with this symptom. Good luck! Hope this is helpful!