Mike V.
Mike V., Auto Service Technician
Experience:  25 years of experience, Certified Subaru Technician and Nissan factory trained.
2921078

2008 Buick LaCrosse check engine light came on and is

Customer Question

2008 Buick LaCrosse check engine light came on and is flashing. Car is sounding a little louder and act as if it's going to cut off but it don't
Category: Buick
Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.

Hi there,

The flashing check engine light normally means you have a cylinder misfire. This will cause the car to run rough and feel like it's going to cut off on you. If you have a parts store nearby, many will check it at no charge for you. This will usually point to the cylinder that is causing the problem so you can repair it.

This could also mean there is damage being done to the catalytic converter as well. Parking it was a good idea.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!

Expert:  Mike V. replied 9 months ago.

Do you need further assistance with this?