Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Kathie and I went over a pot that tore my trailers lights

Customer Question

Kathie and I went over a pot that tore my trailers lights off of my car now my turn signals and hazards won't work I have changed the fuses and relay
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well the pot hole jammed my tranny into my drive line had to get it replaced and the wires were stripped and touching each other and destroyed my battery
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

Ok, I assumed the wiring was repaired. The question is did you repair it using solder and heat shrinks, end connectors, or strip and tape together

Also, have you checked for power at the bulb sockets? If not, we need to check for 12v with a voltmeter. If power is there, then the sockets are shorted. If not, then we will need to check for power at the turn signal switch.