rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2010 Buick Enclave. Drivers power seat will not travel to

Customer Question

Ken. 2010 Buick Enclave. Drivers power seat will not travel to the fully forward position
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The switch moves the seat backwards and forwards but in the forward direction it stops before achieving the full forward position.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Made the deposit
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The rail can be obstructed with something, but if it isn't, then the motor may have failed by NOT completing its' travel.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
There doesn't appear to be any obstruction in either rail. Could the memory controller have a fault? The seats have memory positions.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Try resetting them, but I think it's the motor if that doesn't work.

Thanks again, and please don't forget to rate me and keep this link in case you need me again later on

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Even though the motor operates in both directions throughout the the rest of the range of travel?
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 9 months ago.

Then the other answers apply.

Thanks