sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I drive a 2012 Buick verano, the car won't start and I get

Customer Question

Hi, I drive a 2012 Buick verano, the car won't start and I get the key out the ignition. But has completely shut down
Category: Buick
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 9 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

You may have quite a few things going on depending on what it's actually doing. If it cranks but doesn't start then you may have lost spark due to a sensor or wiring issue, or you may be missing fuel pressure due to a fuel pump related issue.

If it doesn't crank then it could be as simple as a dead battery, it could be an ignition switch, key or immobilizer issue, transmission range sensor related, or the powertrain control module may not be awake. I'm assuming that the starter does not engage.

What happens when you attempt to start the engine?

If the starter doesn't engage, does everything else come on as normal when the key is turned on?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The car has since received a jump and I had started. We are going to try to start it again tomorrow and take the battery to have it tested. Thanks!

You're welcome!