tim's auto repair
tim's auto repair, mechanic
Experience:  owns repair shop 25 years
14541291

I'm trying to replace the tail light assembly lens on the

Customer Question

I'm trying to replace the tail light assembly lens on the trunk of a 2006 buick lucerne. I have removed the 4 nuts but cannot move the lens assembly. I keep thinking I'm going to break it.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm just trying to replace the light bulbs and I have done that. But one of the bulbs fell out of the assembly and is now stuck at the bottom of the lens and i'm just trying to get it out.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 9 months ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming.

I'm ***** *****.

I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

Are you replacing the assembly on the trunk itself or a tail light on the rear quarter panel?

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You

***** *****

Expert:  Joe Prestia replied 9 months ago.

There is a small plastic locking tab in the bottom corner of the lense (the portion farthest to the front of the vehicle. It sometimes can be quite stubborn. Ive had the best luck with wiggling a small plastic prybar or wedge about an inch up from the corner of the lense. Haven't broken one yet. Good luck!

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
The assembly on the trunk itself - with the auxiliary tail light and the back up light. Not the assembly on the rear quarter panel.

If you've removed the nuts from the back side it should come out. Attached is and exploded diagram of the way it's assembled. Try pushing on the studs you reoved the nuts from to see if it will pop out.

Did you get that Tail ligh housing out of there yet?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Had to give up for the night. So a bulb is still stuck in the housing but I'm not really worried about it at this point in time.

Hi, Just wanted to get an update on how you made out with vehicle.

If you need more help, please use the "Reply" tab to continue our conversation - I'm happy to answer follow-up questions.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.

Thank You

***** *****

Expert:  tim's auto repair replied 9 months ago.

Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.

I will do my best to assist you

PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX]

.

www.dropbox.com/s/iuu6bz98fx0vatd/0216-buick-AIL%20LAMP%20REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0

.

if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this way

thanks

.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iuu6bz98fx0vatd/0216-buick-AIL%20LAMP%20REPLACEMENT.doc?dl=0

.

If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help