Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Soon after relacing the computer the rear windows and door

Customer Question

Soon after relacing the computer the rear windows and door locks stopped working and now, a few weeks later, I'm having the same issue as before-the security light goes on along with the service VEHICLE light, the brake light, the airbag light and the gas guage goes dead. Garage and two mechanics said the computers are always bad in this model and year. I'm thinking the KEY might be the culprit but no blanks are available.
JA: Oh No! Brake problems are the worst. The Buick Mechanic will know what to do. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: It's not a brake problem, it's a LOGIC problem. Somewhere in the anti theft system. Changing the computer didn't solve the problem.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Buick Mechanic should know about your Buick?
Customer: no.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Buick Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two. I'll let you know when it is your turn.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Tool Hut replied 1 year ago.

Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a independent contractor for just answer, and ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.There will probably be some equipment needed for a proper diagnosis. If you are not comfortable with this or do not have any test equipment please let me know ASAP. I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating. I am not compensated for my time until you leave a positive rating. Your rating should be based on the service you received.

What year and model is your Buick? Which computer did they replace?