Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

My car guit I thought it was empty .filled up .car drove a

Customer Question

My car guit I thought it was empty .filled up .car drove a mile and stalled . got it home it idled for about four minutes and stalled. Was getting 171 code . now won t even start.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

<span
style='mso-spacerun:yes'> SEQ CHAPTER \h \r 1<span
style='mso-element:field-end'>Hello. My name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist you today.

Do you hear the fuel pump come on for 2 seconds when the key is first turned on?

.

Does the engine turn over?

.

Do you know what the fuel pressure is?

.

Have you checked for spark at the plugs?

.

Does the engine have good compression?

.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I hear the relay under the dash. It cranks but won t start .disconnected fuel line from fuel rail and cranked motor but didn't get any fuel coming out
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

I see, thanks. It sounds like the fuel pump is bad. You will want to check the power to it and the ground to be sure.

.

If you give me your email address, I can get the test instructions for it and put it in a PDF file, (it is rather large) and send it to your email address for as little as possible.

.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it, Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

They did have a problem on some with the C340 ground pack connectors. Do the power seats and windows work like they should?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
They work OK . could it be the box sensor
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Nox
Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

What is a 'box sensor'?

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

I see, not actually going to be any sensor if there is no fuel pumping out from the tank when cranking over the engine. You will want to be sure that the fuse is good, of course. The 'fuel pump' fuse in the under hood fuse block.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

Expert:  Jerry replied 11 months ago.

So how did it go?