Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Getting the climate control unit out. Not enough excess wire

Customer Question

getting the climate control unit out. Not enough excess wire to pull out and release the connector ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: t the display is dim and if I can get the unit out, I have found out that re soldering the resistors on the back will make it work. connections are normally loose or buy another from a junkyard
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

If you havent gotten it yet, remove the lower trim panels at bottom of the dash and you can reach up from the bottom and get to the wiring harness to feed it out more to pull the climate control unit out more to access the connector and disconnect it

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have gotten the unit out and have fixed the problem but now I also see that some of the button functions do not light up. I believe from watching youtube video that there are very small bulbs that are soldered a circuit board with a blue cover that goes over them. I'd rather not take my unit out again until I determine what kind of bulb or part # ***** would take. Would you happen to know. Im guessing that these are not meant to be replaced but the guy in youtube video got his to work. I should be able to do that too.
Expert:  Eric replied 10 months ago.

HI,

You are correct that those bulbs are not meant to be replaced but many people do. Unfortunately GM does not provide a part number, or even a wattage for them. The only thing I know is that they are small LED bulbs, but nothing else.