Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

My name is ***** *****. I have installed a DUAL after market

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have installed a DUAL after market radio in a 2006 Lucerne usinf the GMOS-LAN-02 kit. it powers up but there is no sound
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: THe radio works, the volume is very low and you cannot hear the radio. we used the harness kit that came with it \
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

You might check with an audio install facility to see if there is a secondary harness needed to wire this radio in properly for it to work as some of these model vehicles have a sound amplifier for the speakers and if the radio is not wired properly to this sound amplifier this will cause this fault here.If you know for sure you have the correct wiring harness for this here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete