Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...
Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Buick Mechanic
Experience:  GM, Chevrolet Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Race Shop Owner, Mobile Electronics.
1609972

Trying to program a key in my sons car
, sure 2006

Customer Question

Trying to program a key in my sons car
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: sure 2006 Buick Lacrosse - son has lost both keys... got key cut and have tried the procedure but must have done something wrong.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 10 months ago.

.

sorry for the delay............
.
Greetings...... “Hi, I’m Don (aka MOLurch) and I look forward to helping you!”
.
IF you have NO Keys, this Vehicle uses PassLoc3, you will NOT be able to Program without use of GM Scan Tool, as you need a "working" GM Key to Program another Key
Most Shops charge $85.00 - 135.00 depending on Shop
Here are procedures:

With a master PASS-Key III key, turn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.

1. Observe the STARTING DISABLED DUE TO THEFT message on the driver information center (DIC), after approximately 10 minutes the STARTING DISABLED DUE TO THEFT message on the DIC will turn off.
  2. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .
  3. Repeat steps 1-3 two more times for a total of 3 cycles or 30 minutes .
  4. With a master PASS-Key III key, start the vehicle. The vehicle has now learned the key transponder information and the PCM has now learned the fuel continue password.

IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the key transponder information and/or passwords on the ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle

.
IF you need more information, please ask "prior" to Rating.
.
Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.

Please let me know if you have questions...