Jeromy Madison
Jeromy Madison,
Experience:  Owner/Technician at Mad Auto Repair
90693043

2005 Rendezvous. 3.4. Awd. The AWD disable light and ABS

Customer Question

2005 Rendezvous. 3.4. Awd.
The AWD disable light and ABS light are on. Vehicle also bogs down hard at 3000 rpm. Abs code is for LF speed signal. Threw a hub assembly at it to see if it fixed it. It didn't. Wiring harness connectors under the rear driver side door look good. No signs of corrosion. I know that's an issue with these. There is a solenoid in the rear diff housing. Is there a known issue with these? Also, on the cluster...the fuel gauge is inoperable and the temperature gauge reads high. When the gauge is at the mark past half the scanner shows engine temp at only 212. My first instinct is a wiring issue but with the condition of the connectors I just don't see it. Any help would be appreciated.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dave Nova replied 10 months ago.

When there are trouble codes stored in the ABS system, the AWD will automatically be disabled. The problem you are experiencing is likely a wiring issue. The common problem is breakage in the wiring harness leading to the front wheel speed sensor. This harness flexes every time the suspension moves or the wheels are turned, and it does eventually break. The wires will typically break inside the insulation so a visual inspection may not reveal the problem. Replacement harnesses are available online and through most auto parts retailers.

Expert:  Jeromy Madison replied 10 months ago.

Did you get this issue resolved?