C. Walker, Jr.
C. Walker, Jr., Mechanic
Experience:  Shop training and hands on experience.
73583367

My 2009 Buick Enclave has had ignition coils 1, 2, 3, 4, and

Customer Question

My 2009 Buick Enclave has had ignition coils 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 replaced. Now 3 and 5 have failed again. Is there some other part or parts that should have been replaced too? Why do they keep failing? The mileage is now 70,000 miles. Can the missing and chugging cause motor mounts and/or transmission problems?
Category: Buick
Expert:  C. Walker, Jr. replied 1 year ago.

Hello, that is a very early time for them to fail. If you bought OEM parts they should be under warranty. Just normal driving is going to cauge the engine and transmission mounts to become worn over time. If you can put the vehicle into gear and have a second person inspeact while you push the gas with the brake on and the engine is moving alot this means the mounts are worn out and in need of replacement. I would recommend replacing the coils with OEM parts that way they are under warranty. Also replace all of the spark plugs to make sure it is not just a bad plug causing the misfire.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the transmission? Also, I do NOT want a membership!

Missing and chugging can cause added stress to the Transmission. But as long as it gets fixed the chances of internal damage to the Transmission is not likely. I just sign on and work for Justanswer as a Automotive Expert I have nothing to do with the memberships and plans.