Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My name is ***** ***** Tracy. My girl friend has a 2005

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Tracy. My girl friend has a 2005 Buick Century And her niece has a 2004. The gas gauge has failed in both cars. The cost to replace is appx. $500.00. Were there ant recals on these year of the Century model?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Both card were purcahes fron individuals that have passed away. The 2005 wasr purchased about seven years ago and the 2004 was purchased last year. It seems strange that the failure has occured in both models.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 1 year ago.

I'm sorry the Tech you requested was unavailable to assist you today. It appears that Tech is currently "Offline". Did you still need help on this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My, my. Only one techie to answer a simple question. Please delete my credit card info.
The problem has basically solved itself. Get gas every week so you don't run out. See what a good answer to a major problem
and I am only a "shade tree" mechanic.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Never mind!!!
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 1 year ago.

Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****.
I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.

If you provide me with your VIN#'s for both cars I can check to see if there are any Recalls or Bulletins on your issue.

Thank you for posting your question.

Your business is very valuable to us.
Thank You
***** *****