Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

97 SKYLARK CRANKS UP, BUT IMEDIATLY SHUTS DOWN. SECURITY

Customer Question

97 SKYLARK CRANKS UP, BUT IMEDIATLY SHUTS DOWN. SECURITY LIGHT IS STEADY. TRIED TO RE-SET BUT IT WILL NOT.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are having may be able to be resolved by performing the pass lock relearn procedure. I have enclosed it in the link below, copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view it.

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Relearn%20Jan%2016.pdf

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
TRIED RELEARN 3 TIMES. SECURITY LIGHT JUST STAYED ON SOLID ALL THE TIME.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Are you able to scan the computer system and see if there are any fault codes setting? That would be the next step.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Ok
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

If you can get that done and post back with any fault codes I we can work from there.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
SCANNER WILL NOT CONNECT TO VEHICLE, THERE IS NO POWER TO THE DTC CONNECTOR I HAVE CHECKED ALL FUSES AND NONE OF THEM ARE BLOWN. I HAVE TRIED THE RELEARN A FEW MORE TIMES AND THE SECURITY LIGHT IS STILL ON ALL THE TIME.
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Well if the scanner will not communicate I am not sure how to advise you. With out knowing what fault codes there are its leaves me with no place to go. If you would like, I can open the post back up and maybe someone else has some thing new to add.