Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

A clanking noise inside he car sounding like from right rear

Customer Question

Customer: ken, A clanking noise inside he car sounding like from right rear below rear seat. Hear when small bump in road or laud when hitting several bumps in a row or going up a driveway from street. Checked right rear shock and mounts all are ok. Your thoughts please. Thank you.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It's a 2007 rendezvous. 65000 miles, had wince new. Replace rear shocks 6 months ago with Monroe MA826 air shocks and no problems till this noise two days ago. Dealer replace left from drive axle a week ago due to boot breakage. Axle also replaced at 30000 miles. Basic car is like new even upholstery.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Buick Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The type of noise you are discribing can be coming from any of the following,

• The crossmember
  • The tie rod
  • The knuckle
  • The wheel bearing
  • The upper control arms
  • The lower control arms (with integral ball joints)
  • The spindles
  • The stabilizer shaft
  • The stabilizer shaft bushings
  • The stabilizer shaft links
  • The shock absorbers

In order to determine which on you are going to need to get the car up on a hoist and carefully inspect each one of these components for any signs of wear.