FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

I have a 2005 Buick Raineer that I am having starting

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****, I have a 2005 Buick Raineer that I am having starting trouble, I have to lock the doors with the driver door open which engages the pass lock, shut the door so the pass lock light shows constantly on, wait about 10 seconds and press the unlock button on the door to get the car to start. And it usually only happens when its below 20 degees f
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: that's about it
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Can you tell me if this ever happens at higher temperatures or is it just when it gets really cold?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
seems to be when its really cold, could the lock mechanism in the driver door not unlocking all the way cause something like this,

That really shouldn't cause this. It sounds more like the body control module that handles the security system is locking up in the cold. This is very common on a lot of GM vehicles.