Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  34 years as a Tech
7276279

My name is. my problem is that I have an intermittent

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** problem is that I have an intermittent problem with my 96 buick lesabre wanting to cut out when in overdrive
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car seem s to run allright when it is cold but when it heats up it gives me this problem. doesn't seem to want to get gas or something, but it will work okay in regular drive, 3rd gear. changed out the transmission regulator valve and seemed to work a little better but still this problem of wanting to cut out and hesitate. almost like somet5hingt was loose in the engine, a wire or sensor
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Buick Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 10 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

In order to determine if the problem you are having is a transmission concern or and engine control concern we need to start with having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will try and help you determine the cause.