Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

My name is ***** ***** Jo. I have a 2002 Buick Century.

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** Jo. I have a 2002 Buick Century.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Temp gauge into red, Temp icon lit, car has no power, have to push really hard on accelerator. Yet car engine was not hot, I checked under the hood, when turned car off, and no excess heat. Just started this afternoon.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Buick Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: OK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Is the coolant full?

Does the coolant circulate when the engine is running?

Fuel pressure good?

Is the check engine light on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the coolant is full. Do not know if it circulates when the engine is running. Fuel pressure is good and check engine light is not on. I just had a new water pump installed in Nov, 2015.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. Does the coolant seem to want to spew out the filler cap when running the engine with the cap off? Like a stuck thermostat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Do not know if coolant would spill out if radiator cap off. Took car to my mechanic. Turns out problem was a bad temp sensor.
Car was not overheating, sensor was sending a bad signal to computer. Sensor is being replaced today.
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks. Not sure about the running problem being the sensor though. Best wishes with it and please come again, anytime, thanks