Chris (aka- Moose), Buick Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 1997 Buck park avenue passenger side floor wet after rain

Customer Question

My 1997 Buck park avenue passenger side floor wet after rain door seals good could it be something to do with the windshield drain ?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I'm an independent contractor here at Just Answer.

Possible causes for this when its rain related and not to blame on the door. It can be the sunroof drains if you have a sun roof. Firewall grommets dry rotted, body seam seals, windshield seal, cowl panel clogged with leaves and over filling.

Thanks for asking your question and letting me try to help you.

You should see a rating screen if I have posted an answer, not for an info request.

Your rating is my feedback. If I don't get feedback from customers, I will not be able to continue helping customers here.

Rating me good, bad, or not rating at all does not effect the fee you have paid nor does it close the post.

Follow up/Reply as many times as needed.

I like to stay in contact with my customers that appear not pleased, still working on the concern, or have not rated yet. I assume you were not pleased with my help. I hate that you have spent money to get an answer but left not happy. Can you tell me why, or can I help more. If its more help you need just reply and we can pick up where we left off.

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
How do you clean the cowl I see a few leaves but I think it is coming from the fresh air intake how can I prevent this
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 10 months ago.

You would open the hood and remove the plastic panel at the base of the windshield. This is the cowl, also where the fresh air intake is. You need to remove the cowl, and water test it to see if the drains are restricted and see if sealant is needed around the fresh air intake.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
If it is restricted how do you understand clog the restrictions

Normally a coat hanger can be used to poke through the debris.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Where to poke

Once you have the cowl panel off you will see the drains in the corners being the lowest point in the trough.