FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

My name is ***** ***** and I'm trying to find what the power

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** and I'm trying to find what the power steering reservoir for the 1997 Buick LeSabre Limited
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was out driving our car and by the time we got home you almost couldn't turn the car in any direction.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Buick Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** for the question. The power steering reservoir is located under the hood on the side of the power steering pump. This is on the back side of the engine. It is not terribly hard to get to. If the fluid is fine then the pump may be failing. If you need anything else please let me know.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Can you show me what it looks like, My husband said he has look all over our engine and can't find it and is now convinced it doesn't have one, he had another person look with him and he couldn't find it either.

Let me see if I have a picture. Do you happen to know if the engine is the 3.8?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Right now I do not have the money for phone chat, also we found where it is and there is plenty of fluid in the reservoir we just need for the weather to warm up to thaw the fluid. Thanks for your help.

No problem. I am glad he found it. If the fluid has frozen then it needs to be changed when it thaws. It should not freeze over unless it has moisture in it. If you need more help please let me know. Please rate my service when you can also. Thank you.