Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

94 buick roadmaster heater control no power how to test or

Customer Question

94 buick roadmaster heater control no power how to test or trouble shoot
Category: Buick
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 11 months ago.

Is this a digital display? And are we testing the blower motor operation or compressor? what specific are we checking and i will give you specific procedures

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I believe it's digital and right now the panels blank I have no operation at all. Yes I believe it's digital and right now the panels blank I have no operation at all last time I use the car like six months ago but believe everything was working I have checked all the fuses and they are all good the only thing I port done lately is the horn I bypass the button in the airbag so the vehicle will pass inspection

Okay thanks. Well you done right checking fuses. The first step will be to remove the bezel and unbolt the control head, pull it out and we are going to check the voltage and ground available

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok have it pulled out also fuse 42 is good but has no power at it
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
fuse 42 has power when lights are on and the lights on the heater control come on.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Owners manual says fuse 17 powers heaer control and low blower motor relay but I don't have fuse 17 it is unused
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Are we working on this

Sir are you still working on the car? I apologize for the delay. I had a situation i could not avoid

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
have conrol unit pulled out and ground on the black and white wire and 12 volts on the power wire

The Climate Control Panel (CCP) is inoperative. Has auto Heat Vent Air Conditioning (HVAC) system. The panel is completely dark. The radio lights up OK. The power/ground to the CCP is OK.

Average Reported Mileage:180000

Tests/Procedures:1. Check the B+ feed to the CCP, Orange wire, pin C12.

2. Check the ignition feed to the CCP, Brown wire, pin C5.

3. Check the ground to the CCP, Black/White wire, pin C1.

4. Wiggle the CCP connectors with the key on, watch the panel for response.

5. If no change, replace the CCP.

Its been a while since I worked on one of these I dug this up in the repair database. There is not much you can do other than check those inputs. Those units and the digital dashes were pretty much self reliant so other than powers and grounds that was it. Let me know what you find after checking this