FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

2008 Buick Enclave had a dead battery. Charged, car wouldn't

Customer Question

2008 Buick Enclave had a dead battery. Charged, car wouldn't engage the starter until after I disconnected the battery and reset the system or what ever it did. The car started just fine after that but the engine will not shut off with the key. The only way i can shut it off is to disconnect the battery.
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** to hear about what is going on with your vehicle. The most common cause of this is a bad ignition switch. These are very common on this vehicle. They fail internally and will sometimes not start the vehicle and others it will not turn it off. It can also be a bad body control module but that is not as common. I would start with the switch. It can be tested with a voltage meter or simply replaced to start. I hope this helps. Let me know if you need further assistance.