Mastertech 1
Mastertech 1, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 years of all phases of automotive diagnostics and repair.
24034660

I need the torque specs supercharger vacuum T on my 1999

Customer Question

i need the torque specs for the supercharger vacuum T on my 1999 Buick Park Avenue Ultra
Category: Buick
Expert:  Mastertech 1 replied 11 months ago.

Are you looking for the specs, for tighten-up the vacuum tee, (the tee that has a brass bottom with plastic ports on top)? Or do you need the torque specs. for the ? Thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

it is plastic vacuum T on top of supercharger. it just has a yellow oring, but seems all plastic, no metal, etc. the brake booster is one of the vacuum lines that goes to.

Ok. Got you, (most had a brass base to it, after-marke tones are plastic) First wrap the threads with teflon tape or use plumbers dum dum (this is a liquid type teflon tape used on plumbing fittings, I perfer to use the teflon tape, 2 wraps around the threads with tape, thread in untill you cants turn by hand, then torque to 12inch pounds (use a 1/4 torque wrench, If this goes in all the way with teflon tape down to the hex and still turns, you will have to replace it (plastic threads are weak) Or you can add more teflon tape around threads to add resistance so it will tighten-up (note, It only has to make a good seal so there is no vacuum leak at the base of the TEE! Thanks, ***** ***** me know if I can be of any other assistance to you with this issue! And have a Merry Christmas!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.

there is just two bolts, it seals with a yellow oring.

i need to know the torque for this.

this is the part. not aftermarket, oem, and just plastic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/131539468594?ul_noapp=true&chn=ps&lpid=82

Ok you are referring to the large vacuum base tee, (Im sorry i was picturing the tee on the manifold) The 2 5/6/8mm bolts need to be taken down to snug, there is no torque specs. for these, But put grease around the oring so it does not bind and seals correctly, Just snug down the 2 bolt evenly Sorry about the misunderstanding on my part! Thanks