Buick Repair Questions? Ask a Mechanic for Answers ASAP
I am sorry your having this problem
if you do this here will you get the 6 digit number ? if so what 6 digit number did you get ?
1. Turn the ignition ON (The radio should display “LOC”)
2. Hold down the Radio Presets 2 and 3 buttons for six seconds
3. The radio display changes from LOC to a three-digit number. Write this number down. You now have fifteen seconds to complete the next step.
4. Press the AM/FM button
5. The radio display changes to another three-digit number. Write this number to the right of the first one.
6. You now have a six-digit number, the first three digits are from STEP 03 and the last three digits are form STEP 05
ok may i ask how many times you tried to unlock it ?
can i ask how this radio got locked ?
is it the stock radio that came with this car new ?
Hi, My Name is ***** ***** for posting your question to just answer. I am a ASE Certified Master Auto Technician with 20 years experience. I am confident we can resolve your problem together.Please remember I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle. It may take a few back and forth replies to get to a satisfactory resolution.I also try to give all of the information you may need expecting a positive rating.
Has there been any repairs recently?
OK the procedure for reading the security code by holding buttons will not work with your vehicle.
You will need a tech2 scanner. Many shops have them. Make some calls and ask if they have a tech2 most will tell you.
Here is how I would handle it.
1. Perform a radio setup function using the tech2
2. Check the VIN Number in the BCM also in the tech2
If after this procedure the radio does not work it will likely need a radio. The new radio will also require the setup procedure.
If the VIN Number in the BCM is different from the vehicle attempt to reprogram the BCM. If the VIN number will not learn you will probably need a BCM.
It has been a couple of days since I have heard from you. Do you still need assistance? I have also noticed that I have not received a rating from you. If for some reason you question did not get answered please reply. I am only compensated for my time when you leave a positive rating. Your understanding is appreciated.