rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I just bought this car its a 01 park avanue ultra, the check

Customer Question

i just bought this car its a 01 park avanue ultra, the check stablity system light is coming on from time to time and the transmission seems to slip when starting out somrtim
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident
we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill
level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to
get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in
return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there
is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I
can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you
through it.

It would be best now to check for codes in the computers to see what is stored for the stability computer and check fluid level and color of trans fluid. If the level and color are good, you may need to drop the pan and do a visual inspection.

Thanks, Ron