sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Plex, horn went off in the middle of night and would not

Customer Question

Customer: Plex, horn went off in the middle of night and would not stop; disconnected the battery and the horn will not work.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Horn had been working fine, horn just blaring constantly and he the remote would not reset it, put key in and crank the car, still horn would not turn off
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Buick Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: No problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the horn was sounding solidly on it's own the most likely cause would be the horn switch, but it could be a wiring issue, the clockspring, possibly a relay or module issue depending on the vehicle.

What is the year and model of the vehicle?