Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

I want to add an oil pressure gauge to my 2004 buick park

Customer Question

i want to add an oil pressure gauge to my 2004 buick park avenue ultra supercharged 3800 engine but do not know where I can tap in for the oil pressure.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

You will have to tap into where the oil pressure sender is located which is just above the engine oil filter on the engine oil filter housing as seen here.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/lw30sih5xj23kgu/send-12-10.gif?dl=0

The sender will need removed and then in order to keep the engine oil pressure light from coming on an adapter threaded into the port on the housing so that the oil pressure sender can thread back into this adapter then a second port on the adapter be used to thread in the fitting for the after market gauge you want to install.

This company here may be able to help with an adapter or you might check with your local parts store telling them what you want to do here so they can put together or order in an adapter that connects the sender and a gauge.

http://www.carid.com/2004-buick-park-avenue-gauge-sensors-adapters/

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete