Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I changed the battery on my 2010 buick enclave and now

Customer Question

I changed the battery on my 2010 buick enclave and now everything shut down, key stuck in ignition, no lites, no anything
Category: Buick
Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Morning, sounds like we have no voltage at all. Can you remove both terminals, clean them, soak them in a cup with baking soda mixed on water then rub them together to drain capacitors then hook back up

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
its a brand new battery, nothing wrong with the terminals, they are very clean
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
what is capacitors?

Capicitors are electronic components inside the computers on your car they store voltage even when disconnected from battery, your comput err uses this to store memory for different functions, this sometimes causes a module to go into what is called "logic lock" and it could cease to function or function improperly. The only way to drain this energy and force your modules to reboot is to take the positive cable tie it to the negative cable for a few minutes then hook both back up to battery

If your battery is new and test good but you still have no power, and you have double checked connection. Lets break out the voltmeter you ready

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok, trying that now... will let you know
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it worked! you are amazing! thank you so much!

No thank you sir, I do this for responses like you just gave, remember that trick, it will save you alot of headache and expense in the future. If you are pleased with my service kindly give me a positive rating for it is the only way I will receive credit for helping you.