Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

My daughters 2008 buick enclave just went to 25 miles an

Customer Question

my daughters 2008 buick enclave just went to 25 miles an hour (reduced power mode), the service traction control light came on, what does she need to do
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am very sorry for the long wait

when you turn the car off then restart it the message is still displayed ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She had a very low tire is it related to that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

the low tire should not put the car into reduced power mode

reduced power mode is usually caused by the electronic throttle system is picking up and error in that circuit

most of these are caused by bad connections at the throttle body

usually to action to take is to disconnect both battery cables then unplug the throttle body electrical connection and then plug it back into the throttle body and then touch the 2 battery cables together for 2 minutes then reconnect both battery cables that usually correct this type of issue or will make the issue go away enough to drive it to a shop

worse case if it does NOT clear out a shop will need to scan it for codes to see if the issue is the throttle body itself or possibly the gas pedal assembly

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What if the light went off....
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She put air in the tire and the car went back to full power. Light still on but she didn't turn the car off... when she starts the car again what if the light is off
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

if the light is off then drive the car to the nearest shop to have the codes checked and see what code is triggering this problem