Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

I have a 1988 Buick Reatta, all of a sudden, the control

Customer Question

I have a 1988 Buick Reatta, all of a sudden, the control board went out, then the heat, radio, and dash lights stopped working. now they come on and off at will. what could be the problem? Traced it to the fuse panel, now if the panel comes on, you can hear a click, then panel goes off
Category: Buick
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

When you say the panel went out are you referring to the instrument panel and if so have you checked the power and ground at the fuse panel? Are you loosing all power to the fuse panel? Post back with this information and I will try and help you get this resolved.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the power to the fuse box stays constant, even when you lose the heat, lights, radio,etc. I checked 2 relays at fuse box, when I lose power, theres a jumper wire in the fuse box, from one relay to the other, then it goes off into wiring harness.The small wire stays hot for atleast 10 minutes, get the lights and everything back, and then goes off. you get a "click" between delayed accessory & delayed accessory ignition on the console relay center.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.

Are you loosing power to the controller when it goes blank?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** and I will be happy to assist with this to see if we can get this resolved.I need a little more info to help here.

Have you checked and cleaned and tightened the battery cables at the battery?I know this sounds obvious but on this model I have run into slightly loose and corroded cables causing this.Let me know so we can continue.If this is o.k. and you still want to speak on the phone let me know.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you call me please? XX
My name is Ed
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I will offer the service to call you on this here.

Thanks Pete