Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

01 buick lesaber wont start

Customer Question

01 buick lesaber wont start
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tried to start it in neutral? Do your reverse lights work? Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hi dan well when we put the key in ignition there is no indication as to which gear we are in, we turn the key , and nothingno revers lightjames
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

This most likely means your transmission range switch has failed. Give me a few minutes to get testing/replacement instructions together for you.Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Check to see if pin K which is a black/white wire at connector 100 has ground. Here is a picture and pin diagram. Let me know, thanks.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdt8kj6ilb1h11n/pink.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/47pxftvt29vd1ke/c100.pdf?dl=0

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
well, there is a black wire witch is under the yellow wire pin..has ground.. by looking at the plug picthere are 2 black and thin blue wires also
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, then ground is good. It sounds like switch has probably failed which is located inside of transmission. I do not have good replacement instructions so I'll open question back up to see if someone else can help. Thanks.

Expert:  Reggie Whiddon replied 1 year ago.

Hello I am Reggie I can help you with this. IF i may start at the beginning here, You say your car want start, you put key in and nothing happens or does it spin over and not start?

Okay I just read the beginning of your post i am sorry you say you have a new battery starter checks out,, Let me ask you this when you try to crank it if you release the key from the start position and leave it in run is your theft indicator blinking security light?