Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master tech. 30+ years mechanic, shop forman, service manager
2947720

My riviera warms up to 200 but when I start driving down the

Customer Question

my riviera warms up to 200 but when I start driving down the road it quickly goes down to 100 and stays there what can I do to fix it?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I will be happy to assist you today.

.

Has the thermostat been replaced?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
no
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

I see, thanks.

.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

It is very likely that the thermostat is not closing or not closing all the way when it should. As the air runs through the front grille and through the radiator it gets cooled down as you drive. With a bad, (or lazy) thermostat the coolant doesn't get up to the proper temperature.

.