Pete, Buick Technician
Experience:  17 years Buick Technician experience and training.
14928985

Auto would not start. all dash lights flash then go out.

Customer Question

Customer: auto would not start. all dash lights flash then go out. needle on gauges rotate to ***** *****, then return to start position. lights work. a red light ona bugler alarm? add on under the dash turns on to red and I do not know any thing about it or know how it could have been activated. Know that at a recent time the light behind the gear indicator gauge turned off, then turned on at random. incidentally, code e-13 on radio.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: car will not start. when attempting, dash light then fades, dials go ***** ***** then recede, loud buzz like sound
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Buick Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Is there a light on on the dash that says something like (security,theft or a picture or a car with a lock across it) at all with the key on or after trying to start the engine and releasing the key?The light may flash or stay on solid or turn off after a few seconds with the key on can you tell me what this light is doing?

Have you checked the battery to see if it is dead or low on voltage at all?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.