rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 1996 Buick Regal. When I bought the car windshield

Customer Question

I have a 1996 Buick Regal. When I bought the car windshield tank was in the trunk and the car started just fine. After I installed the washer tank, which is on top of battery it sometimes starts and other times I have to charge it. Don't know if that is problem, but just wonder if you have had anyone else have this problem.
Category: Buick
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

It seems that you may either have a draw on the electrical system or the alternator is not charging. See attachment on how to test for a draw.

Thanks, Ron

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
My mechanic has all ready done all of this. I just thought that maybe you would have more information so I know I have a very good mechanic and I will not need your help.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Using the attachment I send you is bulletproof, and if done right, the problem will be found. I'm sure your mechanic is very good, but he's missing something.

Thanks again,