FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFIED, AA DEGREE AUTO/DIESEL TECH
1627031

My remote start 't work. It act's like the panic button and

Customer Question

My remote start don't work. It act's like the panic button and the horn and lights go on.
Category: Buick
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is Bobby. Thank you for the question. Typically this occurs when the contacts in the remote itself are shorting or dirty. I would either try a spare remote if you have one or take yours apart and clean it out with contact cleaner. If the problem is not the remote then the failure is more than likely in the body control module. Please let me know if you need more help.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been cleaned. With a new case and buttons. All other functions work. But the start acts like the panic button.
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

If it is still in the same remote then the issue is more than likely the remote itself. The circuit board may have a short. The only way to verify it is with another remote that is known to be good. Do you have a spare remote?