Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

I am driving a 2015 Buick Enclave. Am in the middle of

Customer Question

I am driving a 2015 Buick Enclave. Am in the middle of nowhere. The alarm for the parking brake keeps going off. The parking brake is not on. It is raining. The only way to get the alarm to go off is to stop the car and push the parking brake pedal and then release it again. That works for about 2 minutes then it does it again. We have 150 miles to go and we are trying to beat freezing rain so stopping is a problem. Any suggestions? Can we disable the alarm sound temporarily?
Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello, my name is***** can access the parking brake switch on top of pedal assembly and unplug it, this should disable sound for you. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We were not able to access the parking brake switch. Is there any way to disengage the alarm itself?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I'm afraid there is no way to just disable the alarm. You may need to remove panel above parking brake to access the switch. Let me know if you run into more questions, thanks.