Gary
Gary, Buick Technician
Experience:  15 years master GM tech and mater ASE tech
19513769

My 2000 Century appears to have a horizontal thermostat 3.1L

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** My 2000 Century appears to have a horizontal thermostat 3.1L how to get to it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: heater blows cold air no heat or defrost
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Buick Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: actually yes but I will be out for a few hours
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry for the long wait

to replace that thermostat it is a 2.5 to 3 hour job

you need to remove the exhaust cross over pipe that runs between the front exhaust manifold to the rear one

once that is remove you can change it very easy by removing the 2 13 mil bolts holding the thermostat housing on to the intake manifold

Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.

as seen here

dont forget to rate us here at Justanswer as i do not get credit for my work until you rate us here