Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

My issue is the alarm on my 2001 buick lesabre keeps going

Customer Question

Customer: my name is ***** ***** issue is the alarm on my 2001 buick lesabre keeps going off almost constantly it started off just being off an on how do I reset it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I need to know how to reset the horn alarm system
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Buick Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Buick
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

There is not a reset for this. When this happens it is because there is a faulty part in the alarm system, most of the time either a bad hood switch or one of the door ajar switches is faulty. They will need to be tested and the faulty one replaced

Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

I noticed we have not yet resolved your concern you asked about. I would sure appreciate it if you would reply so I can offer my skills and knowledge and repair guide access to help as best I can.

~Do you still need more help?
~Confused by my info request or answer?
~Need more time?
~Confused on how the site works?
~Need more detail or a different explanation?

If the answer is YES to any of these just press reply and lets work on this concern some more.

If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them. If you would like me to assist you. Just bookmark this page so you can access my profile easy and post a new question from the question box on my profile page. Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks