Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

I have a 2005 Buick LaCrosse. I replace the battery a year

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Buick LaCrosse. I replace the battery a year ago and have had no problems with it. It is cold and the car has been sitting empty for two weeks. Jus I replace the battery a year ago and have had no problems with it. It is cold and the car has been sitting empty for two weeks. Now the car won't start and I can't open the hood.
Category: Buick
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I pull the hood release lever, it makes its full travel but there is no sign of the catch releasing. When I examine the hood, it does not seem to be any different. I have tried jiggling the hood while another person pulls on the catch. No result.
Expert:  SARMIENTO22556 replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I will try to help you with your concern . Please note that I am not standing in front of your vehicle. My diagnosis is a educated guess at best using all the information you provide. Leaving out import things you have tried, experienced or recent work performed only makes my job harder.

the cable for the hood release might not be travelling far enough to open the latch. try grabbing the wire part of the handle with a pair of pliers and try to pull the hood release again