sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

On my wife's 2008 Buick Enclave I had a P0496 code...EVAP

Customer Question

On my wife's 2008 Buick Enclave I had a P0496 code...EVAP System High Purge Flow, I changed out the purge solenoid valve under the hood (the old one was stuck open) when I tried to start the car it just turned over and wouldn't fire...any thoughts...
Category: Buick
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are quite a few things that can cause a no start condition. You may be missing fuel pressure due to a pump or wiring issue, spark due to a sensor or wiring issue, or it may be a blown fuse. If you haven't already, go back over anything that was removed or disconnected and make sure nothing was left apart.

If ok, do you hear the fuel pump run when the key is first turned on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Before I got you answer I took apart and looked over every thing I had apart and noticed the wire harness that is plugged into the back of the throttle body might have been ever so slightly "unplugged" I got a little bit of movement as I checked it... when put everything back together in fired right up

Great!