Dave Nova
Dave Nova, Buick Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certification. GM World Class Certification
11042942

Okay it's the headlights will not go off!

Customer Question

Category: Buick
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Hello again. Are you able to switch between hi and low beams or is it stuck on only one?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Not sure I had to disconnect the battery to make them shut off! It also ran down the battery when it wasn't noticed that they were not shutting down like they normally did by themself.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I need you to reconnect battery and see if you can control hi/low beam selection. If not, let me know if it is low or hi beams stuck on. Thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** updated.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Whencar is on I can switch to high beam but when I do the lowbeam headlights turns off. When i shut car off the highbeam bulb goes into security mode(dimmer)and stays on.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

Unplug the lamp control module and let me know if lights go off, here are instructions. It is not the easiest to access.

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ep1tk7uzsrx1bx/lcmrr2.pdf?dl=0

-

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jq3f8htcrsl4fng/lcmrr1.pdf?dl=0

-

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What about the airbag? Im concerned about it going off when I'm pulling out the panel.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The side marker light was broke off during the same blowout. Could this be contributing to the problem?
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No the side marker would not cause this and you can disconnect battery for 10 minutes to disable airbag.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't think I can do that by myself. Its way to confusing for me to disassemble the lower panel to get to the module. I think it needs to go to a shop.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
now can you tell me exactly how much the total will be on my credit card for your services that I used? And thanks for your help.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

I agree, the next set of testing is not going to be simple. Dash is going to need to be taken apart then have to test voltage at multiple wires. It sounds like there is a wiring problem or headlamp control module failed. I think you should only have a $14 charge on card. If there is more you can email***@******.*** and they will take care of it. Let me know what shop has to say about it or if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I will and again I thank you for your input to this matter
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.

No problem, make sure to keep me updated. Thanks again and have a good night.